Saturday, January 12, 2008

update 2008

ok, ok, i know i'm overdue for a post, but there's been a lot going on..after eid al-Adha i trekked into the heart of the Algerian Sahara and had a wonderful time in Tamanrasset, Assekrem and Djanet! Unfortunately, right now I am in Cairo and dont have the time to get into many details.

I do have one important thing to say...hijole, a week ago i left the Sahara and returned to Algiers and now i'm in Egypt where i've been for the past 3 days. back in Cairo and it feels great and i visited Alexandria too.

so my 2nd night in Cairo...i go to have dinner with a friend at a nice italian place in Zamalek and it was a good meal blah blah blah and guess who walks in with children and family........Omar Sharif!

No pics, no autographs..it's hard for me to bother the famous unless I have a very compelling personal reason to do so..but it's enough for me to have seen
him and it made the night kind of sparkle a little more

so tomorrow my work begins at the conference....discussing the vicissitudes of teaching english abroad...in algiers...with my professional brethren and sharing success/sympathy with all.

hopefully, i'll post something more substantial with photos by the end of this month, INSHALLAH. :)

3 comments:

The Doud said...

Hello Mig' I just read some of your posts and I find your description of algerians very accurate ! "Paradox" is algerian, indeed.
Your pics are very nice and your aquarelle as well.See ya.
Bisous.
Doud.

Colin said...

Hey Miguel, it's Colin (from Japanese class in San Antonio). Been cool to read your blogs about your adventures in Yemen and Algeria. Talk to you later!

Unknown said...

Hi Miguel,

Tihouuussi, your blog is genial !
and pictures, waw... Yes, doud, tu doudes ? :)

Keep posting.

HIJK.

http://kellouza.wordpress.com/